Myrkvidr - BETA 2.1
A downloadable game for Windows
Myrkvidr is a project heavily inspired by early RPG fantasy games. combining elements of old school DND, PC DOS games and early JRPG console titles
Enter a world of high fantasy where danger lurks around every corner. Explore a massive open world sandbox. Delve into several caves, dungeons and fortresses teaming with evil.
- hours upon hours of gameplay in a non-linear sandbox type world where exploration is the driving force of progression. Finding the secrets hidden in each dungeon and town are essential and you must keep a keen eye to find each one.
- multiple progression paths where decisions you make during gameplay will effect how to move forward with several different paths to unlocking character classes, each with unique advantages and disadvantages.
- Crusader: Starting Class. Basic physical attacks as well as buffs for party members and debuffs against foes.
- Paladin: Holy warrior who specializes in powerful melee/magic attacks and healing magic
- Lorekeeper: magic user that learns spells through gathering ancient lore through exploration and from monsters you will encounter in the field.
- Thief: powerful damage dealing class as well as ability to steal, pirate and plunder your way to glory and riches.
- moral system which rewards or punishes your character based on actions you take and depending on which path you have chosen. For example.. a Paladin will be punished drastically for taking part in thievery as opposed to a Thief who will be greatly rewarded for criminal activity.
- a unique world with hundreds of monsters and a varying array of different types of characters to interact with. Conversations with NPCs and keeping track of the information given to you is crucial to success.. even information that seems trivial.
- magic system based on a combination of skills learned through experience and learned through collections and quests
- a reputation system that unlocks new powerful weapons and armor as you gain popularity amongst the people of the world.. also reputation with different factions effecting character class upgrades.
- seven main dungeons each having its own unique approach to exploration and each with unique challenges
- no hand holding - all clues provided are though conversation and by paying close attention to the details, you will unravel each mystery in the game
- huge world map with 4 major continents to explore as well as several off the path islands and hidden lands.
- unlock powerful companions that will join you in your fight
- The Valkyrie: A powerful warrior that smites her enemies and heals her allies
- The Myrmidon: A warrior from the ancient underwater race from the sunken continent of Varssara. Uses Water magic to deal great damage.
- The Time Lord: A being from a different world, summoned to Vaerok to guide the heroes to their final victory.
- There will be newer versions of the game uploaded periodically. and notifications shall be made when a newer version is available. You can transfer your saved games to the new version by copy/pasting a Save.lsd file to the new game's folder. In addition to updates, expansions and sequels are also planned. I really want to make this into a constantly expanding universe of its own.
follow us on facebook
1. Download the Zip folder and extract the install folder
2. Run setup.exe from the installation folder. Select destination folder and click on the 2 boxes for "create shortcut" and "create uninstall file" before excecuting.
3. for gameplay, arrow keys to move. space bar to select, esc key to go back or to access main menu
4. alt-enter to enter full screen